Sunday, January 31, 2010

Crochet: Blue Afghan

This is my current project.  An afghan of double crochet stitches.  The panels are 8 rows and the connection is chains.  This is a free pattern from lion brand.  The yarn is homespun Montanna sky from lion brand.  I have to attach two more strips to finish it.  I started the project last Friday.  So it is pretty fast to make.  I am using a size N hook.

This yarn is hard to work with.  It snags and splits constantly.

I am currently taking crochet classes from a local knitting shop.  We reviewed the basic stitches- single, double and treble, and she showed me shells and v's, ribs and popcorn stitches.  She said my tension was good and nothing to worry about.  Next week we are going to do granny squares.

Lion brand has a free pattern for a sampler afghan where it has squares of stitches.  Popcorn, v, shell, etc.  I think that would be a good one to attempt.

Keep crocheting
pv

No comments: