Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Polymer Clay: Bird

Christi Friesen style bird of paradise.  This is from the Mixed Media book she wrote.  She did a great job texturing the feathers.  Mine are passable but not as good.  Had some problems with the tail feathers.  I flattened them too much.  To fix it I put more rounded feathers on top and covered up the mistake.  At first I used too much clay for the body and had to remake it.  I also did not get a feel for how thick the body should be to get the wings to lay on each other. I also did not get a hang of making feathers.  With some problems it came out nice in the end.  Her instructions are very good and my problems come from me not her.

Keep trying, clay can always be mushed up and done over.
p

1 comment:

Lhassa said...

J'aime beaucoup ta création !