Saturday, October 9, 2010

Polymer Clay: Inked beads, tile hearts

These are translucent beads with two colors of adirondac inks.  They were put in the tumbler and then buffed.  I made these a year or so ago and they looked boring and I did not do anything with them.  But I Finally figured out how to tumble and buff and they look great now.

Patty

Above are curvey beads from a mistake.  I tried making a cane that looks like glass tiles and grout.  but I made it too small and the effect did not work.  I eventually made a large cane and I used it to make hearts.
These are beads using the bad cane from the previous picture.

It just goes to show that even mistakes can be used for other stuff when working in this medium.

Here is the good cane used to make hearts.  The one on the left did not come out good but the one on the right came out good.
The one on the left had the cane put on the round ball before the heart was formed so it stretched significantly.  The one on the right had the cane slices put on the cone shape that leads to the heart shape. No stretching here.

Patty


No comments: