Sunday, December 6, 2009

Crochet: First attempts


This is my second attempt at crochet.  It is mostly double crochets with some singles thrown in.


Close up of some single crochets.




Close up of some double crochets.


Close up of the puppy, Dr. McCoy.  Who is actually going on 4 yrs.  He will be getting a hair cut Tuesday.  I think he can't see.

I made this scarf once and unravled, frogged,  the whole thing.  It was all uneven edged.  I here it is  common mistake.  My boyfriend told me to count stitches.  So I started it over again and it is better but not as good as I would expect it to be.  Maybe it is tension on the yarn.  The top is still looking bigger than the bottom.  Here is a good website to see how to fix the problems:
http://crochetme.com/blog/demystifying-double-crochet-beginners

but even with that knowledge I am not doing as good as I would hope.
I am trying to finish the thing for Sunday the 13th Dec so I can give it to my grandmother for her birthday. She will be 94.

Keep stitching
patty

No comments: