Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Coss Stitch: Celtic deer


I made this deer from a design I found on the internet I believe.  I love the rustic frame around it. (You can see a reflection of me in the bottom taking the picture)  This project was done on large evenweave fabric, over two, to make big crosses.  My friend and I went to a cross stitch festival down at Valley Forge one year and bought fabric from the vendors that were odds and ends on sale.  So we picked up some unusual colors and weave sizes.

Keep stitching!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow how funny is that!? I can help you track this design...

This was the button/logo for The Celtic Harts, which was a Celtic society run by Cari Buziak back in 1998-1999. This "button" was used as a link button for emailing etc on the website. The old website isn't up anymore, but here is Cari's current website of her own Celtic work:

http://www.aon-celtic.com

I haven't seen this design is years! So funny to come across it. Good stitching job!
Emily Broder
(assistant to Cari Buziak, celtic artist)