Thursday, October 8, 2009

Too many hobbies

I have too many hobbies.
reading
hiking
cross stitch/design
Lego
Miniature painting
gaming
Stained glass/design
beading/wire
polymer clay
playing bass/blues band
writing lyrics/music
Karate

When I get bored with one I do another.
I'm not good at any of them. I am doing too many things to get good at one of them.
But I am proud to say that recently I sold several polymer clay beads to a store. And I sold polymer clay pendants to a couple of people I know.

Pictures of the various things I make will be pictured on the blog. The only thing I hesitate to put on the blog is lyrics. I don't want anyone but me making a million dollars off of them:)
No they are not that good. But my band is working on one of the songs right now. With the intention of coming out with a CD of all originals. The lead guitar, Joe, writes songs also. He is much better at it than I am. But I am learning.

I would like to hear from you about your hobbies and how you manage your time. Personally I don't have any goals layed out for completing projects. It is about getting bored and moving on to something different. I have read several cross stitch blogs in which they put yearly or monthly goals of the projects they will work on or complete. I was almost going to start doing that when I suddenly stopped working on cross stitch after 3-4 months of steady work.

There is a hobby I want to learn which sounds more like a job but I wish I could write a book, preferably fiction.

I would like to use this blog to show the creations I've made. I don't actually have pictures of everything but I have a good number ready to post.

So hello and happy blogging.

No comments: