Sunday, October 11, 2009

Polymer Clay: Fuchia Swirl


This polymer clay bead is my first attempt at swirling.  I did not get it right but I still made some really cool beads with the technique.  This style bead is the first bead I gave away as a present to my step mother.  She is an artist working as an art teacher in a local high school.  She is really into the beading hobby and is an excellent designer.  Maybe I will feature some of her work here some time.

This necklace is my first attempt at an assymetrical design.  I wore this necklace to a wedding recently.  But got no comments on it.


Here is a closeup of some more of these messed up swirls. I ended up watching a video on youtube, I believe, to get the technique right.  At any rate I eventually understood the technique and made some more beads I will show you later.

Swirl beads are a stage that polymer clay artists go through.  They are fun and easy.  They make great beads.

Happy Creating!

No comments: