Monday, October 12, 2009

Stained Glass: Sea Horses

My friend and I made two of these seahorses.  My friend designed them from a cross stitch design.  I am constantly amazed at how she is able to do that.  She is also really good with color picking.  I am hopeless.  This design is delicate and airy.  But very strong.  In one of my rampages of mania (bipolar) I threw it to the ground edgewise and there is not a crack in it.  Thank goodness.  It is one of my favorites.  For some reason I have both of them,  my friend did not take hers home.  Between the two of us we set up a stained glass workshop in my basement.  She could come here any time she wanted to work.  And some how we never got in each other's way.  Two years ago or there abouts she moved up to Maine.  And I had to "buy" her out of the workshop.  So I sent a workshop care package up to her that was enough to get her going.  I made out on the deal because I sent her the old grinder and bought a new one for myself.  Now she's all set up in her basement.
Don't drop anything!

No comments: