Thursday, October 8, 2009

Stained Glass: Enterprise


This is a picture of a stained glass project called "Enterprise". It is a two layer design with the planet and nebula as the main layer and with the Enterprise as the top layer. I got the idea from an old Star Trek coloring book. For the most part the Enterprise is made up of small pieces but there are some details made from copper sheet.

I wish I had a better picture but I gave this work away to a friend who is another Star Trek fan. I promised I would make another one for myself but I have not gotten to it yet and it has been years.

I think the last time I worked on stained glass was a year ago when I made xmas presents. And I feel guilty about it. But I have not felt like it. For me stained glass takes physical exertion and energy that I rarely have. I have two problems that have gotten to me and make me depressed most of the time. One I'm bipolar and two I have tracheal stenosis. And I have to go in the hospital for both of them when it gets bad. So life sucks and I desperately cling onto my hobbies.

Even though I haven't done stained glass in a while I still have a few pictures coming up in other posts that I can write about.

Happy blogging

No comments: