Sunday, October 11, 2009

Cross Stitch: Afghan


This book has the designs of the indian clans/totems/zodiac I am using for the afghan.

Here is a glance at the afghan.

Hawk.  Up at the right top you can see the magnet I use for parking the needle.

Otter.

Wolf.

Wolf closeup.

I have been planning to do a wildlife afghan for years.  I have two afghan blankets that have been sitting around for years.  One of them will be Christmas themed and I have picked out patterns for that one.  But the special one had to be wildlife and I did not want it to be too real or too cutsy.  These designs fit the bill perfectly.  The designs work so well because they are all the same size and fit in the blocks on the fabric the same. 
I have been using contrasting thread to mark the ten stitch squares to I don't lose count on this difficult to see fabric.  I am stitching over two with DMC floss. 
I will post progress on this project when I get around to it.  It is a wintery project.  But I don't know when I will be in the mood.

Happy Stitching!

No comments: