Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Stained Glass: Sea bird

This bird was designed from a logo of a South Carolina community.  I made this design twice, once for a boyfriend's parents and once for my step brother.  It is fun and easy to make being only eight pieces.








This is the first mosaic piece I made.  My friend designed the lizard.  We each made one of these.  We used a terra cotta bowl as the base.  This thing is really durable.  I have been using it for years.  It is more likely to break something than break itself.
I can't remember the process we used to make this.  It is possible that she drew the lizard directly onto the bowl and we glued the glass to the bowl.  After the glue dries add the grout and after the grout dries clean the glaze off of the glass.

Happy blogging!

No comments: